Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goodwill67
Level 7

was charged for added channel but it says the channel is not available

Hello,

I added a channel.  I was charged for the channel.  Upon attempting to access the channel an error message appeared indicating that the channel was not available.  I was still charged for the channel.  I sent a message to Roku customer service but I never hear anything back.  How do I get the charge removed for the channel that is not available?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
goodwill67
Level 7

Warning: Roku does not want to refund for non-existent channel

I recently posted about having purchased a channel on Roku but was unable to access it.  Ther was an error message stating that the channel is no longer available and to contact the channel owner.  I finally was able to contact someone through chat who told me that there are no refunds in this case.   I explained again that the channel was not accessed and what they are telling me is the same as taking someone's money and giving them nothing.  I was told it would be sent to "the team" and that I would receive an email as to the outcome.  I thanked them but told them that if there is no refund that I would have  no choice but to take the matter to a consumser agency to be resolved.   I hope I will be able to follow this up with a message stating that an appropriate refund was offered.  In the mean time be aware.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: was charged for added channel but it says the channel is not available

@goodwill67 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there may be a delay in response time from our Support team during this period. Please be patient as our Support team is doing their best to reach out to every customer that is experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
goodwill67
Level 7

Re: was charged for added channel but it says the channel is not available

Same exact response I see other places here.  I can be patient, but if this is not addressed by the end of the current billing cycle I feel I have no choice but to handle it through a consumer agency of some kind.  You can't just take people's money and it be OK.

0 Kudos