Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nora920
Level 7

selling the roku and need to wipe my info off, but dont have a tv to hook it up to

I am selling my roku and need to wipe it clean of my information, but I dont have a tv to hook it up to. If i just go on my account at roku.com and disconnect the device from my profile, will that do it? Is there something else I can do?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: selling the roku and need to wipe my info off, but dont have a tv to hook it up to

You'll want to factory reset it.  You don't state what model it is, but there's usually a reset button somewhere on the back, bottom, or edge if it's a stick.  Sometimes it's behind a pinhole and you'll need a paperclip or something similar to press the button.  With the power connected press and hold the button in for no less than 30 seconds.  That should do it.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-How-to-factory-reset-before-returning-selling-or-gifting

0 Kudos