Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

onn vs Roku Smart Soundbar scam?

I purchased a "Roku" smart soundbar from Amazon ($180), they sent me onn. brand soundbar, which sells "exclusively" through Walmart for $130. Called Amazon and had them send me a replacement Roku soundbar except it was also a onn soundbar. Sent that one back too and went to Best Buy for the $180 Roku sound bar and it ended up being onn brand. Had a lot of communication with Roku "customer support" over the past month regarding this and keep getting "thanks for letting us know" "we'll investigate and get back to you" type of answers. I recommend everyone check their soundbar in settings to see if Roku or onn. brand. I'm no JD but I am a pretty savvy consumer; ...or maybe it's an honest mistake that Roku can correct. To whom it concerns: see Roku support ticket 3742643. Roku Smart Soundbar  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: onn vs Roku Smart Soundbar scam?

@robinmcpolly 

Thanks for the post.

We are aware of a provisioning issue on the backend system that described the 9101 Roku-branded Smart Soundbar as "onn Roku Smart Soundbar" from the About screen in error. Rest assured that the hardware that you received would have had the features and capabilities of the Roku Smart Soundbar and we have fixed this data entry error.

Thank you for reporting this issue to us, we have corrected this issue and believe the model information should be displayed correctly now.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos