Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdmoore1980
Reel Rookie

motor trend double charge?

I am new to ROKU,  I subscribed to MOTORTREND (1yr.) through their website a few months ago.  Then I got the ROKU and added the MOTORTREND channel for 4.99/month again.  Am going to be paying for this twice? I cannot get a refund through MOTORTREND.  If I cancel the ROKU subscription will the channel cease to work?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: motor trend double charge?

It's far too easy to subscribe to a channel/app both through Roku and directly with the provider as it appears you did.  If you cancel your Roku subscription it will still be valid until the end of its current period.  You may want to wait for that to happen and then get things working with your Motortrend subscription.  I'm not familiar with that channel/app, but in general when you first launch a channel/app it will ask you to sign in or subscribe.  In order to get back to square one so that it looks like it's the first time you launched the channel/app you have to remove the channel/app, restart your Roku, and after it has restarted add the channel from Streaming Channels.  You can't remove a channel if you have an active subscription through Roku, but once you cancel it you can.

You can view and cancel your Roku subscriptions at:
https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
tdmoore1980
Reel Rookie

Re: motor trend double charge?

thank you, I will try your suggestion

0 Kudos