Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

intemittent usage

I purchased an additional ROKU in our guest bedroom. We may only use it a couple times a year - at 4 or 5 days each. Can I delink that ROKU system and not get charged for it while it is delinked?  Is there a "vacation mode" to use while away from the house for some period of time?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: intemittent usage

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Unlinking a device does not close your Roku account or cancel any Roku billed subscriptions you may have. It only removes that device from your account.

For more information about unlinking a device from your Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I remove a Roku® streaming device from my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 18

Re: intemittent usage

@dkrahn wrote:

I purchased an additional ROKU in our guest bedroom. We may only use it a couple times a year - at 4 or 5 days each. Can I delink that ROKU system and not get charged for it while it is delinked?  Is there a "vacation mode" to use while away from the house for some period of time?

You aren't charged anything from Roku to have a device on your account, regardless of its usage. If you're referring to subscription services such as Netflix or Hulu, I believe you can subscribe and cancel as needed, although sometimes they offer specials that require a subscription for a specified length of time. 

If you're concerned about any network data use while you aren't using the player, just unplug it from power and it's completely offline until you plug it back in.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos