Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandypants
Level 7

horrible customer service I don't recommend this company to be family friendly

on January 9 2021 i logged into my roku to try and watch some television as i normally due as im a very loyal customer.by the stroke of the wrong remote keys due to the roku itself service moving slow on opening an app i accidentally subscribed for a app i didnt mean to.IT WAS A MISTAKE CORRECTED ON MY END IN 10 MINUTES.i quickly unsubscribed the app and thought i would see an instant refund.WRONG!i even reached out to support and i got a lousy unacceptable response. What bothers me even more is that in his same forum im writing in i saw someone else go through the same thing with her grandson accidentally purchasing espn. i do not recommend this product yo would think if you didnt se the product at all and because sometimes the rok loads slow and i was trying to configure and align the service with my remote that i have to be charged. I will hope the ceo of this company sees this and gives me a refund.

verbatim the disturbing response i received from the same customer service agent the same other patron had but a diffrent outcome for me.

CS/MA-Michael Anthony Hogar, Jan 11, 2021, 3:03 PST:

Hello Cassandra,

Good day! Thank you for contacting Roku. 
I understand from your message that you are reporting a recent charge on your Roku account as unrecognized and are requesting a refund. We can certainly provide context and information on this charge. For your reference, here are the details for the subscription(s).

Purchase details
  • Channel Name: ALLBLK - Annual Subscription
  • First charge date: 01/09/2021
  • Last charge date:  01/09/2021
  • Cancellation date: 01/09/2021

Note that all content purchases and subscriptions are prepaid, final and non-refundable unless otherwise stated in the content and service provider's credit and refund polic
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Strega
Level 15

Re: horrible customer service I don't recommend this company to be family friendly

As far as I have seen, Roku has always said that their subscriptions are non-refundable.

https://support.roku.com/article/208756478

" Subscriptions are pre-paid, non-refundable, and will auto-renew until you cancel your subscription. When you cancel a subscription, the cancellation will not take effect until the next renewal date and you may be entitled to continue to access the content until then."

It's probably a good idea to add a PIN to your roku account.  That would make it much harder to order something accidentally.

0 Kudos
urbnsr
Level 9

Re: horrible customer service I don't recommend this company to be family friendly

Can you remove the payment method information from your account? It won't help for this time, but may help in the future.

0 Kudos