Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

exes email is attached to my roku, how do I delete it and update with my sign in

Jump to solution

I am trying to add Disney Plus to my TV via my Roku account , however the roku account that it is currently set up is an exes from over 5 years ago. It contains her email, but I need to delete her sign in and set up mine as Disney Plus is not showing on my channels due to it being under that email. I am irritated and can't believe I never checked it previously. Help!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: exes email is attached to my roku, how do I delete it and update with my sign in

Jump to solution

Do a Factory reset and set up your own account

Settings/System/Advanced system settings/ Factory reset

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: exes email is attached to my roku, how do I delete it and update with my sign in

Jump to solution

Do a Factory reset and set up your own account

Settings/System/Advanced system settings/ Factory reset

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Old Roku account email

Jump to solution

I have an old Roku 2 that my ex boyfriend had an account set up with. It hasn’t been used in over 6 years, the ex is long gone and now I’m trying to see if I can reset the Roku to my email address and make a new account in my name. Basically start over like it’s a brand new Roku. Is there a way to do this without having the dirtbag ex’s email and account info?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Old Roku

Jump to solution

@Heatherm44 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Once your device has been factory reset, you can set up your device with your own Roku account. If you do not already have a Roku account, you can visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos