Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fives
Level 7

channels paid externally??

Jump to solution

If we are already subscribed to amazon prime and netflix, how do we add these channels on roku without being billed through roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: channels paid externally??

Jump to solution

@fives wrote:

If we are already subscribed to amazon prime and netflix, how do we add these channels on roku without being billed through roku?

Those two channels, as well as every other one I'm aware of, allows you to log in with your subscription credentials. Yes, some providers allow subscribing through Roku, but you can still use other credentials to log in as well. No, Roku will not be billing you for any subscription unless you make it directly through Roku themselves. Subscribe directly with the provider? Not a problem at all. I don't pay Roku anything, and I use Netflix, Prime Video, Vudu, CBS All Access, Disney+ and more. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: channels paid externally??

Jump to solution

@fives wrote:

Those two channels, as well as every other one I'm aware of, allows you to log in with your subscription credentials. Yes, some providers allow subscribing through Roku, but you can still use other credentials to log in as well. No, Roku will not be billing you for any subscription unless you make it directly through Roku themselves. Subscribe directly with the provider? Not a problem at all. I don't pay Roku anything, and I use Netflix, Prime Video, Vudu, CBS All Access, Disney+ and more. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos