Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DaisyDoodle
Level 7

being forced to upgrade from basic to a more premium package

Jump to solution

I got an email from ROKU stating my account was 'exhausted' and my service suspended.

When I called the number in the email the rep said that I subscribed to a 'basic' package but

I need to upgrade to a more premium package for a $50 fee. And this has nothing to do with

the Netflix situation. Is this a scam???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
renojim
Level 13

Re: being forced to upgrade from basic to a more premium package

Jump to solution

IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!  That email most definitely was NOT from Roku.

-JT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
renojim
Level 13

Jump to solution

IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!  That email most definitely was NOT from Roku.

-JT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@DaisyDoodle wrote:

I got an email from ROKU stating my account was 'exhausted' and my service suspended.

When I called the number in the email the rep said that I subscribed to a 'basic' package but

I need to upgrade to a more premium package for a $50 fee. And this has nothing to do with

the Netflix situation. Is this a scam???

NO!!!!!! Don't pay them a dime, or return any phone calls or emails. It's absolutely a scam. Roku doesn't have "packages", and never charges a fee to activate a device, or charge for additional devices. 

I have no idea how they got your email address, and it might be sheer luck they actually emailed someone with a Roku device. However, I'd suggest changing your Roku account password immediately, in case they've hacked your account. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DaisyDoodle
Level 7

Jump to solution

I suspected this was not for real. Thanks for your input... much appreciated.

0 Kudos