Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Will accounts transfer to new Roku without logins and passwords?

I currently have a Roku Express and have to move it from room to room if I want to switch TVs.  I am thinking about getting a second device for my bedroom.  If I login to my Roku account on the new device will all of my login information for diff services be on the new device or will I have to enter all of the usernames and passwords again on the new device?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Will accounts transfer to new Roku without logins and passwords?

@matthewcloy 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you linked a new device to your account, the channels and purchases will be the same on each device. When a channel is added or removed on one device, the channel is automatically added or removed on all devices linked to that account that support the channel.

However, please be aware that many channels must be activated separately on each Roku device. Some channels may support Automatic Account Link, which will help share your login credentials across Roku devices that are linked to your account. You can see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360021586854-how-do-i-set-up-my-subscription-channels-on-a-second-r...

For more information about adding another device to your account, visit our Support page here: Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos