Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdiesel87
Level 7

Why is so difficult to get out of the beta program!

I have beta tested a lot of different software and firmware over the years but nothing has been like the Roku experience. First off why even allow beta testers from regions where your testing channels are not even available? Impossible to do the required testing. Second, why not allow the user to opt out of the beta program? I have been trying to get out of the program for months but I keep getting beta firmware pushed to my device, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, still getting them. I don't even have access to the Centercode site anymore but yet I keep getting beta updates. I'm PMed Shawn multiple times but never get a response. This has been going on since August and I continue to get system breaking updates every few weeks. I don't want to be in the program, I can't uses the testing channel, I can't access the Centercode page, just please give me a way to go back to the Production firmware!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Why is so difficult to get out of the beta program!

I just checked my email, I don't see any requests by you to be removed from beta.  Please PM me your email and serial number here on the forums, and I'll forward it over to the person heading up the beta program.  You should be removed within 24 hours or so.

I apologize for your frustration Smiley Sad
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos