Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Z06
Roku Guru

Re: Why have I been charged for a free trial?

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AbusedCustomer, @AvsGunnar and @Z06 are correct, we do not charge an activation fee. We're more than happy to look into your account details to determine why you are being billed on a monthly basis. To further assist we will be sending a message to you here on the Roku community. You can check your inbox for our message by clicking the mail icon at the top right of your page. if you have any problems locating the message let us know through this same thread.

Jump to solution

I never put the channel on it just popped up! Now they wanna charge me $10.99 for something I never ordered! 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@SabrinaBarr If by they you mean Roku login to your Roku account on a computer and check your subscriptions.  If you find something you do not want you can unsubscribe.  I also suggest that you add a pin to make purchases.  If you are using a screensaver it is easy to subscribe to something you may not want.

0 Kudos
Wholt

Jump to solution

The same thing has happened to me and I'm having a tough time trying to cancel this

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wholt,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please be aware that if the subscriptions purchased directly from a service provider or otherwise purchased outside the Channel Store or The Roku Channel will not appear on the Subscriptions page. Contact your service provider directly with any subscription or billing questions.

In addition, if you previously had a free trial through the same Roku account (on any Roku device linked to your account), you will not be eligible for another free trial with that specific service. We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up.

You may unsubscribe from the channels from your TV or online account.

To cancel or unsubscribe from your Roku streaming device:

1. Press the Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Highlight the channel you want to cancel
  3. Press the * button on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu
  4. Select Manage subscription
  5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription
  6. To confirm, select Cancel subscription
  7. Select Done

To cancel or unsubscribe from a mobile device or PC

1. Sign in to your Roku account
  2. Select Manage your subscriptions
  3. Select the channel or subscription under Active subscriptions
  4. Select Turn off auto-renew
  5. Choose a cancellation reason to complete the process and select Continue to cancel

You may also refer to this link: How to unsubscribe, cancel, or turn off auto-renew for a subscription | Roku

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rkn0555

Jump to solution

I have read many replies on this topic, but none explains why you get charged up front for a month's subscription even if your free trial has not yet expired. I only see explanations as to how to cancel unwanted subscriptions. It seems fraudulent to say "free 7-day trial" and charge you up front for a month's suscription.

0 Kudos
rkn0555

Jump to solution

Adding a PIN to my Roku account did not prevent Peacock from charging a month's subscription fee for a 7-day free trial. They charge went through to my card I had on payment for Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rkn0555,

Thanks for the post.

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are inquiring about a charge during a free trial. Please be aware that if you previously had a free trial through the same Roku account (on any Roku device linked to your account), you will not be eligible for another free trial with that specific service. We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up.

If you continue to have questions about a charge, please reach our Account-billing team at Roku Support.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos