Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iwatson
Level 8

Why does Roku make it so difficult to contact them directly?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Does anyone out there know why Roku has decided to make it virtually impossible to contact them directly to ask a question?

I'm looking to make a purchase, but their ridiculous approach to support is making it extremely difficult.

If ANYONE out there knows an email address, or a course of action that DOES NOT lead to this half-hearted "community" self help type thing, please could you provide it.

The questions I need answered are not covered by the handful of help topics Roku has provided, and it is not covered in any of these "community" threads.

Any pointers would be appreciated,

Thanks.

PS. I'll be blown away if someone actually responds with some useful information.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why does Roku make it so difficult to contact them directly?

Jump to solution

@iwatson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@iwatson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Vern2
Level 8

Jump to solution

I totally agree. There seems to be no way to contact Roku by phone, email or chat. The answer you were given was, to put it kindly, unhelpful. I am having real problems and answers from "the community" isn't cutting it. 

sdillybar
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree!  The worst customer service support considering the size of their business.  BS!

sht
Level 7

Jump to solution

I sent back my faulty Roku player to their warehouse and they received it. Now I need to know when will they ship me a replacement? I need a telephone number to talk to someone.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sht 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you have contacted our Support team previously regarding your RMA, feel free to reach out to them again to follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Please be aware that there may be a delay in response time from our Support team during this period.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Linny
Level 8

Jump to solution

I see that now you cannot contact them directly...when I first bought my Roku I had some issues with the remote and was able to contact them for resolution.  Now have to go thru community which is really not very good customer service.

Blimblam
Level 7

My Roku never works and there’s no one to talk to

Jump to solution

My Roku never works correctly and there’s no one to talk to. I literally want to smash it I’m so fed up with the **bleep** service 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Linny @Blimblam 

Thanks for the post.

Is then an issue you are experiencing that you need assistance with?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
iwatson
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you RokuDanny-R,

Thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately your response only serves to emphasize my point.

It appears you only have one point of contact, and that is dedicated SOLELY to addressing Account and Billing issues - a very narrow sub-section of enquiries that people might have.

You guys have obviously done this by design, perhaps due to insufficient staff, or insufficiently trained staff to handle "proper" communications.

For your interest, my question was sales related.

It appears that your company is not too interested in answering questions that might result in the sale of your products.

Maybe selling your Roku product range is NOT your top priority. Maybe you've decided sales are no longer important at this point in time, and you wish to concentrate EXCLUSIVELY on supporting your clients with billing issues.

This leads me to believe there are probably PLENTY of those.

Which pretty much answers my sales-related question.

I won't be purchasing hardware from a company with so many billing and account enquiries that they need to dedicate ALL staff communications to this narrow aspect.

Thanks again for your feedback, and for highlighting the veracity of my original questions.

Regards,
Ian Watson

0 Kudos