Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fury13

Why can't I access my Hulu subscription on non-Roku devices?

Jump to solution

Got hulu thru roku account. Cannot seem to access hulu on hulu app. Tried roku sign in information and other options. Can only use hulu if ON A ROKU DEVICE. Is that normal? Am I doing something wrong signing in? Anybody else have this issue and/or know how to fix it? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why can't I access my Hulu subscription on non-Roku devices?

Jump to solution

That's normal.  The way to fix it is to cancel your Hulu subscription through Roku and subscribe directly through Hulu and then you can use that subscription anywhere you want.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
renojim

Jump to solution

That's normal.  The way to fix it is to cancel your Hulu subscription through Roku and subscribe directly through Hulu and then you can use that subscription anywhere you want.

dhersey

Jump to solution

ok ... but why would Roku do this?  Wouldn't they rather have the sale?  Sad, they're just frustrating the userbase by making them cancel/resubscribe (and try to avoid getting charged for a period twice in the process) ...

😞

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dhersey Many people only have one brand of device such as Roku and like all subscriptions to be billed from one account.  I never use Roku, Amazon, etc...  to subscribe but always subscribe with the service itself such as Hulu, Disney +, Peacock, etc... so I can watch on any device.  

0 Kudos
Rickcl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I have Hulu through Roku. I can login to the Hulu app on Roku. Not on Apple TV. I can’t even see the Hulu subscription on the Roku subscription area! 

I think the one response saying to cancel through Roku and go with Hulu directly makes sense.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rickci, as @renojim mentioned, this is normal. When you subscribe to Hulu through Roku, you do have an account that is created. We would just encourage you to get in touch with Hulu support for anything relating to managing your account with them. We can provide you with the Hulu membership ID on our end for them to reference your information. You do have the option to cancel through Roku and sign up with them directly as well. If you are looking to contact Hulu, the best way would be at (877) 824-4858. Please let us know if you would like us to reach out through direct message to provide your Hulu membership ID or if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos
Rickcl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I might just cancel at Roku. The only trouble is that I can’t find any record of Hulu being billed as a subscription on the Roku website or app.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Rickcl, something doesn't sound right.  I don't have Hulu, but in general when you subscribe to something through Roku you never log in - the subscription is tied to the Roku account that the device is linked to.  Are you certain you don't have a subscription with Hulu?  Can you log in at hulu.com?

0 Kudos
Rickcl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, no account directly with Hulu. I can login to Hulu but it doesn’t show much. I had Hulu on chat session yesterday and they said they couldn’t find me.

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rickcl

We will be reaching out to you here on the Roku Community to provide your Hulu membership ID. This will help their support team locate your account. Please keep an eye out for a message coming from us in your inbox. You can check this by selecting the mail icon at the top of your page. We appreciate your patience and if you have any issues locating our message let us know! 

0 Kudos