Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being charged two different prices and twice a month??

I get charged 7.99 and 19.99 both for Roku and twice a month sometimes more than that even! This is ridiculous it literally takes all my money I get every week I’m over it! I don’t even watch TV! 

6 REPLIES 6
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Why am I being charged two different prices and twice a month??

TV subscriptions really don't know/don't care if you're watching them. Since you're not, you should cancel them. You can always reactivate them later if you wish. If these are paid through Roku, then you can view your subscriptions in your Roku account (at roku.com) or highlight the channel you want to cancel on the home screen of your Roku device, and press * and then select manage subscription.

If you subscribed elsewhere, then you will need to cancel them wherever you went to create them.

Just to be clear, Roku itself has no charge, but some channels – especially commercial-free channels such as Netflix, HBOMax, etc. do have monthly fees.

Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey there, thanks for being active members of our Roku community!

@Strega, we appreciate the guidance you provided on how to check and manage subscriptions!

@delcllkmllcwl, we see you are looking into charges you are receiving and wanting to cancel some subscriptions.

If you need assistance, let us know by either replying to this post or sending us a message directly. We are happy to help. 

0 Kudos
Refu7yj

For the past 3 months I've been charged three times the same month $7.99 $7.99 799 for one month $7.99 etc. For the other month 799 for the month three times each f****** month I'm over Roku. I want my money back so that's we'll say 8* 3 for 1 month 8* 3 for the second month 8* 3. For the other month there's probably been going on for a year that I didn't even know about Roku. This is insane. I have three TVs, three different roku's three different email accounts. You can't do this s*** to people. I want my money back. I'm not playing. I'll get a lwyr. I don't s*** with the money you took from me. I will get three  ppl who u pay to get $ back ow

Refu7yj

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AWCXkeXjp3gwFmZP7 screenshots of being overcharged from Roku

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@Refu7yj wrote:

I have three TVs, three different roku's three different email accounts.

I've had a theory that the reason some people were getting multiple charges is because they created multiple accounts. What I would suggest you do is pick one account to keep. Go into the other two accounts and terminate all subscriptions you have there. Once you are sure that you have ended all of those subscriptions, then factory reset the two Rokus associated with those extraneous accounts, and connect them instead to the one account you are keeping.

Many Rokus can (and normally should) be put on one account and will share subscriptions and keep everything in one place.

Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey there @Refu7yj, we understand being charged multiple times in a month can be frustrating. We would love to help look into this issue. We do believe as @Strega mentioned, that this issue most likely stems from having multiple email accounts with similar subscriptions or having the same payment method. We are going to send you a direct message so we can collect some more information to help investigate further. 

0 Kudos