Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashellaine34
Channel Surfer

Why am I being charged $7.65 a month?

Why am I being charged $7.65 a month? And how do I cancel this? 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Why am I being charged $7.65 a month?

On what app are you charged $7.65 a month on? What are the model numbers of your Roku device and your television set? If the app requires a subscription, then there’s no way for you to cancel it.
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
Ashellaine34
Channel Surfer

I have 2 separate charges one from Roku for 7.65 and one from Hulu for 7.65. I cancelled Hulu and I thought Roku was free??? 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

I don’t understand what you’re talking about.  If the Roku charge is on The Roku Channel and not necessarily the device itself, then you could’ve cancelled that too.

And you still haven’t answered my second question.  What is the model number of your Roku device and what is the model number of your television set?  ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ashellaine34, we're here to help! For us to look into these charges that you are receiving, we'll need to collect a bit more information. We'll be reaching out to you through DM to investigate this further. Please make sure to check your inbox here on The Roku Community for our message and let us know if you have any trouble finding it. Thanks for the lay up on this one @Michelle3.

Ashellaine34
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
Ashellaine34
Channel Surfer

Month after month I'm paying $7.65 and the charge is from Roku.com. could someone please tell me why. Because I'm under the impression the Roku channel is free unless I order something that costs money which I don't

0 Kudos
Ashellaine34
Channel Surfer

Where do I find the model number? And please explain to me what that has to do with why I'm being charged $7.65 every month? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Ashellaine34 Log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com). There's a section that lists any subscriptions you have through Roku. If you find something there you don't want, you can unsubscribe right there on that page.

If there's nothing listed there, you are NOT being charged by Roku. It doesn't matter what the bill says. If someone stole your CC information, they can submit a phony charge to your CC. There's a text box that they can enter anything they want, and they might enter Roku, hoping you just pay the charge without thinking. If this is the case, there's nothing Roku can do you assist you with the charge. You need to contact your CC company and contest the charge. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos