Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkc054
Level 7

Where to purchase?

Where is the best place to purchase a player? Amazon or direct from Roku? I am worried that if I purchase a player at Amazon I might instead get a knock off or a refurbished unit instead of new unit.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Strega
Level 14

Re: Where to purchase?

If you buy at Amazon, you can check that you are buying FROM Amazon, not just VIA Amazon.  If it says: Sold by Amazon, Ships from Amazon, then it's reputable vendor (in my experience!).  If it's only fulfilled by Amazon or just sold through their website, then things may vary.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Where to purchase?

Amazon is good at marking units as refurbed. Of course, there are 3rd party sellers on Amazon as well, but if they're caught misrepresenting the product they get banned pretty fast. I would have no hesitation buying from Amazon, but make sure they state the specific model number being offered. There are multiple versions of the Stick, Express, Premiere and Ultra, and all have slightly different hardware. If you want the new Ultra that supports Dolby Vision, you have to make sure you get the model 4800. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos