Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbgator
Level 7

Where's my order and my account that I placed the order on the website is gone...

I placed an order on November 29th and set up an account via my email address. I got the confirmation email that the item is in stock and processing, but when I click on the link to check on the order, and see if there is any tracking info, it directs me to a login site. I use my email and PW that I generated when I placed the order and it gives me an error message that the email addy or PW are incorrect. I also see you billed my CC that I used...I used the reset PW link but it never sends the link to my email to change it...why did I get the confirmation email and now I get nothing?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
jbgator
Level 7

Re: Where's my order and my account that I placed the order on the website is gone...

I re-entered the info I used to place my order on the create an account page and after I finished and checked "order history", the order is now there. So it still shows "processing". So at least I can see that you have my order. Funny I had recreate the account to get that info...

0 Kudos