Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheapskate
Level 7

Re: Paid for Weather Lifetime but not working

I also fell for for the weather widget $9.99 annual membership.I thought Roku was introducing a new feature to make the device more helpful, but apparently Roku is letting screensaver developers trick users into buying lifetime memberships for widgets while at the same time suggesting seasonal themes.  I now have an annual membership for weather widget on some Halloween screensaver I used for two weeks. Looks like Roku is selling out.

0 Kudos
CathyRN
Level 7

Is there no solution to this? This is my second purchase under the direction of ROKU support. There are many complaints. ROKU received payment for the widget. It worked a couple of weeks just as it did the first time. As soon as I changed my screensaver the widget disappeared!!!! I took a pic of the screen as I was going to see if the widget would show back up as already exists but on the payment screen to purchase he widget shows a pic of my current screensaver. Oh my what a mess. It won’t allow me post a pic it says file is too large. I have no idea how to make it smaller. Anyways @renojim I see how diligently you have worked on other things and it is much appreciated by all I’m sure. Is there any way to contact the developer of this widget??? Thanks so very much!

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

I'm not familiar with these widgets or how they get added.  Can you walk me through it?  Do you add a screensaver and then it somehow offers this widget and then you purchase the widget?  What's the name of one of these screensavers in question?  Can you post a link to the Channel Store with one of these screensavers/widgets?

0 Kudos
Boyolo
Level 8

Basically whenever your screensaver comes on you're going to see a place where it says weather widget now available or something to that effect I can't remember but it's pretty hard to miss

0 Kudos
Boyolo
Level 8

If I may offer a simple solution which I did, I just simply disputed the charge with my bank because Roku has no interest in helping or letting us contact the developer so since they're the ones that charged the $9.99 fee then they're going to be the ones that are going to have to eat it

0 Kudos
GWayne
Level 7

Re: Weather Widget Lifetime App Charge

I have been charged for the same weather widget lifetime app. I have gotten no help from Roku support either. Did you have cancel your credit card? Or did Roku ever reimburse you?  Thanks

0 Kudos
MuhdOvais
Level 7

Hey @mariusg78   , I experienced the same thing recently. Did you get this resolved somehow?

0 Kudos
Gryphith
Level 7

Had exactly the same issue with the exact same app. Got an invoice email from Roku for the purchase of the weather widget lifetime app when I've never downloaded or used it. Roku support staff doesn't care and is unhelpful. I suggest you remove your payment info from Roku if possible and contact your bank about fraud. That's certainly my plan. This reeks of a scam and I'm really surprised Roku is allowing these unauthorized charges to damage their platform like this.

0 Kudos
PhilWil
Level 7

I was reviewing my Capital one card and came across this charge, the charge was never authorized  and it appears that if click on the weather app after a search for weather app's on roku, it establishes billing automatically with out consumers ok. This is blatant misleading consumers and enrollment into marketing of services never authorized. Roku customer care when notified makes a reading statement about third party billing and a spew about such charges of non refundable.

Shame on Roku, this poor service and hold these types of companies to a higher standard falls to Roku as under laew of "Respondent Superior"

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@PhilWil

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos