Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paid for Weather Lifetime but not working

Jump to solution

Well, I tried.  Do you blame Apple, or Dell, or Microsoft or Samsung, etc., if something running on their platform ripped you off?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Boyolo 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having this problem as well and would like to reach out to the developer.  Does anyone know the contact information for the Weather Lifetime Developer?

0 Kudos
Boyolo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku processes the payment, but does not offer support. Ok. Would it be too much to ask that Roku actually require the developers to include contact info? Because there is none. 

0 Kudos
Boyolo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, there is no obvious way to contact the developer. I guess I'll have to just dispute the charge with my bank and get my money back. 

0 Kudos
Cheapskate

Jump to solution

I also fell for for the weather widget $9.99 annual membership.I thought Roku was introducing a new feature to make the device more helpful, but apparently Roku is letting screensaver developers trick users into buying lifetime memberships for widgets while at the same time suggesting seasonal themes.  I now have an annual membership for weather widget on some Halloween screensaver I used for two weeks. Looks like Roku is selling out.

0 Kudos
CathyRN

Jump to solution

Is there no solution to this? This is my second purchase under the direction of ROKU support. There are many complaints. ROKU received payment for the widget. It worked a couple of weeks just as it did the first time. As soon as I changed my screensaver the widget disappeared!!!! I took a pic of the screen as I was going to see if the widget would show back up as already exists but on the payment screen to purchase he widget shows a pic of my current screensaver. Oh my what a mess. It won’t allow me post a pic it says file is too large. I have no idea how to make it smaller. Anyways @renojim I see how diligently you have worked on other things and it is much appreciated by all I’m sure. Is there any way to contact the developer of this widget??? Thanks so very much!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I'm not familiar with these widgets or how they get added.  Can you walk me through it?  Do you add a screensaver and then it somehow offers this widget and then you purchase the widget?  What's the name of one of these screensavers in question?  Can you post a link to the Channel Store with one of these screensavers/widgets?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Boyolo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Basically whenever your screensaver comes on you're going to see a place where it says weather widget now available or something to that effect I can't remember but it's pretty hard to miss

0 Kudos
Boyolo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If I may offer a simple solution which I did, I just simply disputed the charge with my bank because Roku has no interest in helping or letting us contact the developer so since they're the ones that charged the $9.99 fee then they're going to be the ones that are going to have to eat it

0 Kudos