Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheShaiixx
Level 7

Want to cancel Roku subscription but we forgot email and Roku TV is broken

Jump to solution

My boyfriend had a Roku TV set up before we moved in together. On said TV, we subscribed to Disney+ months ago. We want to cancel that subscription so we can subscribe to a bundle through Disney+ but my boyfriend doesn't at all recall the email address he used. What is worse is the TV we subscribed through is broken and we cannot access the settings in order to view that information. Can someone help us cancel that subscription/find out the email address he used to create the account? We cannot cancel or change the Disney+ subscription in any other way.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Want to cancel Roku subscription but we forgot email and Roku TV is broken

Jump to solution

@TheShaiixx 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
Iona-D
Level 13

Jump to solution

Contact Disney+ directly first with your phone.  They can probably remotely get you off your subscription to them if you have the credit card you used to pay for this service available.  Then contact Roku's very helpful team directly via this forum (just like you've done for this post) or their customer service number.  They have one but it's NOT toll free and they don't usually have it posted anywhere on this forum anymore like they used to for some reason.  I have talked to them directly in the past for more general questions.

I keep the number of all my paid channel apps (I use CBS All Access) and Roku's real phone numbers-watch out for scammers-on my Contacts virtual phone book in my smartphone.  Plus the business intended email account I use here and most everywhere money is involved is the same for all to prevent possible confusion.  And I don't keep the passwords or pass codes (all different to prevent possible unauthorized use) together on the computer or phone.  I memorize them and keep a separate hidden old fashioned paper notebook as a back up too.  That boring stone age method can't be hacked online yet I still have access anytime I need them.  

I hope I was able to point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 13

Jump to solution

With much difficulty, I was able to get the contact number on the Disney+ own website eventually going through many virtual hoops.  It seems that this is becoming the norm online just to get help for paid services!  Contact them with some healthy caution anyway before you give out sensitive information:

888-905-7888

0 Kudos
TheShaiixx
Level 7

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this doesn't much help. I, myself, always keep track of all my accounts and passwords with no issue but this was my boyfriend's account. I keep track of his accounts for him now as to prevent issues like this.

Also, I already contacted Disney+. They cannot help me with this because it is billed through Roku. They don't have any authority over the Roku billing or subscriptions. It has to be through Roku. So, I need to either find out the email for the Roku account in question or have someone with Roku cancel the subscription for me. Those are the only ways really to solve this problem I am afraid.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TheShaiixx 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
TheShaiixx
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, Danny, but I have done this and they offered no help after like 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@TheShaiixx 

Thanks for the note.

I've sent you a PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
zark00
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku is so useless is unbelievable. You can't access support unless you log in - if your problem is you can't log in, you're just completely screwed. There is NO support available from Roku period. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@zark00, use whatever login you're using in this "community" for the support site.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
zark00
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried that, Roku support said they will not cancel the subscription unless I am logged into the account the subscription is for.  So this is the classic 'we'll never let you cancel' scam eh?  Classy Roku, very classy - ok reversing a year of charges it is. 

0 Kudos