Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wyatt555
Level 7

Upgrade Roku account for 3 devices

Jump to solution

Before Xmas I purchased a ROKU TV.  Later I purchased a ROKU Premier.  Today I purchased a ROKU express.  When I tried to activate it I got error code 003.  I called ROKU.  I was informed that I have to pay $99.99 to upgrade my account which will allow me to connect up to 5 devices to my account.  Is there a work around to this?  Two routers?  Two separate accounts on the same router?  I have found no you tube videos, and no written information that a third device kicks in this expense so I am infuriated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Upgrade Roku account for 3 devices

Jump to solution

That was a scam, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY, no matter how many roku devices you own. I have 9 on my account. Take the roku.com/link enter it at top of your browser on the address bar. Never enter it into search engine like google.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Jump to solution

That was a scam, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY, no matter how many roku devices you own. I have 9 on my account. Take the roku.com/link enter it at top of your browser on the address bar. Never enter it into search engine like google.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wyatt555
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks.  It felt funny but I did not think of it as being a scam until I read your post. It surely was/is a scam. Purchasers of Roku devices should CHECK when they type in the address listed by Roku for activation that they are NOT redirected to an alternate site.  I'm sure that's what happened to me. Luckily I wanted to go to the ROKU site to make an additional payment, rather than pay  the accented lady over the phone, which I never did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JFZ
Level 7

Multiple Roku charges

Jump to solution

I am new to Roku.  I was wondering if i add multiple Roku streaming devices in my house will i be charged?

I was told that after 2 units that i could be charged up to 75.00 to add another.  If this is the case, could i set up another account to compensate the fee?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andyross
Level 12

Re: Multiple Roku charges

Jump to solution

Roku does NOT charge a fee for it's devices. Be aware that there is a GIANT issue with scam sites lately. Roku does NOT have a toll-free (855, 844, etc..) phone number. For ALL Roku information, go DIRECTLY to https://www.roku.com/

Do NOT use a search engine to look for 'Roku Support' or 'Roku Activation'. You WILL be sent to a scam site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Multiple Roku charges

Jump to solution

@JFZ 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Not sure who you contacted, but it seems like you may have reached a third party entity. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support.

You will not be charged for adding multiple devices to your account.

For more information, visit our Support pages here: 
Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?
Do I need a separate Roku account for each of my Roku® streaming devices?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mum
Level 7

Jump to solution

Purchased for 2019 Christmas presents. I tried to set up my sons Roku express last night with his own account had a 001 error. Called the 844 # that was given to him for problems and was told there would now be a charge for signing up as of 2020.  If you have a current account you will have it free until March 31, 2020. If you don’t pay it will go off. False advertising. It’s says it’s free tv unless you choose to pay for subscriptions. Maybe that’s what’s going on with your account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andyross
Level 12

Jump to solution

Roku does NOT have a toll free (800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, etc...) number. You probably did an Internet search, found a link, and called a SCAMMER. Roku itself has no fee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mum
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes I googled search the # 844-540-7444 and it is linked to scammers. That does make sense when Jack hung up on me when i refused to sign up. I apologize for lashing out. Some people just don’t know how to get real jobs and earn money the correct way. They would rather steal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
andyross
Level 12

Jump to solution

Most of this is being handled by out-of-country customer services where the people may have no idea that it's actually a scam.

0 Kudos