Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Churryp
Level 7

Unsubscribe request

Please, don't unilaterally, subscribe users to a 7 day free trial of any package and then automatically charge them a fee if they don't unsubscribe after 7 days. This is capricious and fraudulent. I will take action against ROKU if you ever charge me for a package I did not freely subscribe to. This is a very bad business practice. Please cease and desist from such criminal act.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HDMIGuy
Level 10

Re: Unsubscribe request

@Churryp wrote:

Please, don't unilaterally, subscribe users to a 7 day free trial of any package and then automatically charge them a fee if they don't unsubscribe after 7 days. This is capricious and fraudulent. I will take action against ROKU if you ever charge me for a package I did not freely subscribe to. This is a very bad business practice. Please cease and desist from such criminal act.

I have had Roku devices for several years and have never been subscribed to something by Roku.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unsubscribe request

@Churryp 

Please be aware that Roku will not subscribe you to channels without you subscribing yourself.

We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator