Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized charge to my card

There is an unknown charge of $7.99 on my account from Roku but it isn't showing up in my invoice on the website. Is there a number I can call to get this charge figured out? I have been all over the website already and can't find it.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Unrecognized charge to my card

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

You may unsubscribe the channels from your TV or online account.

To cancel or unsubscribe from your Roku streaming device:
1. Press the Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote.
2. Highlight the channel you wish to cancel using the directional pad in the center of your Roku remote.
3. Press the Star button * on Roku remote on your remote to open the options menu.
4. Select Manage subscription to view the renewal date and access additional options.
5. To unsubscribe, select Cancel subscription. A message will appear confirming the duration of continued access, content, and services.
6. When prompted, select Cancel subscription. Roku will display a message confirming the cancellation and your last day of access.
Select Done.

To cancel or unsubscribe from a mobile device or PC
1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account. 
3. Scroll down and select Manage your subscriptions.
4. Locate the channel under Active Subscriptions and select Cancel subscription.
5. Select a cancelation reason to complete the process.
Note: Subscriptions purchased directly from a service provider or otherwise purchased outside the Channel Store or The Roku Channel will not appear on the Subscriptions page. Contact your service provider directly with any subscription or billing questions.

You may also refer to this link: How do I unsubscribe or cancel my subscription? | Official Roku Support

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unrecognized charge to my card

@Ravynsane23 

When a financial institution gets credit card data submitted to them, there is a description that is essentially free text. It can say anything.

It's supposed to say who made the charge, and contact information about it. However, it can contain any information.

If a thief (no other way to describe them) obtains credit card information, they can submit the information and fill out the text any way they want. They can put NASA, they can put Queen of England, they can put UNICEF, they can put Roku, they can put anything ... heck, they could put your name. In this case, they put Roku. They're thieves, so a lie on top of theft is kinda par for the course.

What likely happened is that someone compromised a system that had that your credit card information, and some thief (maybe the same person, maybe a different person) ended up with it. They submitted information and put Roku in the description.

Roku didn't do this. Some thief did and then lied about it.

From the Roku end, go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and fill out what you can there.

On your end, report it as fraud to your financial institution. 

Also: tagging @Jeremiah-Roku who is a forum contact for billing.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos