Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 13

Re: Unauthorized payments

Jump to solution

How To Keep Your Hard Earned Money Very Separate From Your Roku Account For The Foreseeable Future

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-Discussions/How-To-Keep-Your-Hard-Earned-Money-Very-Separate...

On this thread I went into great detail on how I protect myself from unintentional and/or unauthorized use or deductions from my own card.  I never had any more problems with "accidents" or even scams involving Roku, Google or any other online business company ever again!

Don't beat yourself over your's or a company's mistakes or unearned trust.  Just put up your own "cardwall" via a preload/reloadable debit card with 0 balance.  When you want to use it, just add the funds. Or keep 2 of those cards like I do and keep 1 at 0 balance and the other for whatever you designate the funds for.  I explain this and other tips further in my first post there.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I cancelled it way before the 14 days.  I even double checked on my subscriptions on the TV and our online account that was cancelled.  if you look at my subscriptions it is not listed and had not been for months BUT yet you guys bill me each month and tell me  you are not.  I have sent screen shots of the bank statement showing that each month you guys are in fact taking the money out of my account.  I have realize you guys are busy but it has been 7 months, it feel like I have given you your company more that enough time.  

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Great Courses channel is not working.  There is no information from Roku; no tech support; contacted Great Courses directly but they cannot help because I ordered GC through Roku.  Out of desperation I cancelled my subscription and the message I receive is I have viewing privileges through the rest of my subscription - except that the channel is not working.  No one to talk to about the problem.  Terms of buying through Roku is that there are no refunds for subscription cancellations but if the service is not provided they should provide the refund.  I am filing with the Better Business Bureau and I will find other sites to bash Roku.  No one should do business with them.  

0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Unauthorized charge

Jump to solution

Danny, your advice to contact customer service is bogus. There IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. YOUR LINK GOES RIGHT BACK TO WHERE WE STARTED.  After 2 days of trying to get an answer, my advice is to cancell Roku and get a Fire stick.

Level 8

Jump to solution

You would think so but no. A robot they call Danny will refer you to "customer support" which will take you nowhere. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@margle wrote:

Great Courses channel is not working.  There is no information from Roku; no tech support; contacted Great Courses directly but they cannot help because I ordered GC through Roku.  Out of desperation I cancelled my subscription and the message I receive is I have viewing privileges through the rest of my subscription - except that the channel is not working.  No one to talk to about the problem.  Terms of buying through Roku is that there are no refunds for subscription cancellations but if the service is not provided they should provide the refund.  I am filing with the Better Business Bureau and I will find other sites to bash Roku.  No one should do business with them.  

If a channel isn't working it's the channel provider's responsibility to figure out why.  They're just blowing you off with that ridiculous statement about ordering through Roku.  They still got the money (minus Roku's percentage).

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Vross 

Thanks for your posts.

It looks like you managed to contact our Support team and are in touch with them to resolve your issue.

We would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@NHSTRANO @margle 

Thanks for the posts.

For further assistance with account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Unauthorized Purchases

Jump to solution

I recently noticed some unauthorized purchases: ESPN+, a movie (Mulan), Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and Shout Factory TV. I'll be calling VISA tomorrow. I've changed both the email and password to my account and activated the PIN function. I hope there'll be no more unauthorized purchases. My suspicion is that my account was hacked. Phishers somehow got hold of my access info.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Unauthorized charges

Jump to solution

These roku people every dang month is taking money out my account now they took 10.81 out today I get tired I just want my account credit and for them to stop. You cant talk to anyone live its crazy.

0 Kudos