Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllanahBertram1
Level 7

Unauthorized charge

Jump to solution

how do I get ahold of a human? I have an authorized charge of $179 from someone purchasing a Roku product. I am sure whoever did this created a account under my name, but I want access to the account and a refund for the product I didn’t buy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unauthorized charge

Jump to solution

@AllanahBertram1 @RyanWill570 

Thanks for the post.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RyanWill570
Level 7

4 or more unauthorized charges for (over $160 Subcriptions I dont have)

Jump to solution

Some body else is racking up charges for roku on my credit card and I am left with no choice but to close my Card and request a chargeback to roku from mastercard.  considering theres a total of 120 dollars on just 2 of them it is worth it.  I just hope my roku purchase history and notes are enough.

Further I contacted hulu and they said it was likely a live TV package.  I am thinking why would anyone wanna buy a live TV for $60 if the whole point of cutting the cord was to avoid a ridiculous bill for basic live channels 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AllanahBertram1 @RyanWill570 

Thanks for the post.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
KristalM
Level 7

Jump to solution

Your support team is less than helpful if the charges are not billed to my account. In fact, your representative refused to help me and the best they could do was to tell me to call my credit card company amd report an unauthorized charge.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

What do you want Roku to do if the charge truly didn't come from them?  Everyone assumes just because it says "Roku" somewhere on their bill it came from Roku and couldn't possibly be from anywhere else.  If I saw a charge on my credit card that I didn't authorize the first call I would make is to my credit card company.  It's their job to fix fraudulent charges.

0 Kudos
KristalM
Level 7

Jump to solution

The charge did come from them. They confirmed it, but said since it wasn't on MY Roku account, they wouldn't do anything about it.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

It still sounds like a fraudulent/unarthorized charge and I think you'll have a better chance getting help from your credit card company.  I mean, if it isn't on your Roku account then it seems like your credit card has been compromised.  I know a lot about Roku leaves a lot to be desired, but just randomly charging the wrong credit card?  Seems hard to believe even for Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@KristalM 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that if charges are not on your account, our Support team will be unable to assist you as you are not the Roku account holder.

As @renojim mentioned, we would recommend contacting your payment provider to assist you further in the event that fraudulent activity has occured.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos