Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williebrantley5
Channel Surfer

Unauthorized charge through roku 16.25 on the 4 and the 5th of july

I didn't charge I didn't authorize anybody to put take money off my card but Roku but you took two payments off my car now you trying to say some other company took it it came from Moco I need that $6.96.25 put back on my car will be 48 hours yes 16.25

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unauthorized charge through roku 16.25 on the 4 and the 5th of july

@williebrantley5 

If you followed the instructions provided to you a week ago on another thread, and there is no subscription listed on your Roku account Subscriptions page, then it is a fraud situation and you should contact your bank.

What has likely happened is that your card was compromised and a scammer obtained the information and submitted a charge. And, since thieves will also lie, they submitted false information in the description of the charge, listing the Viki Rakuten service via Roku.

It is common for scammers to list false information in the description of charges they submit. It's common for them to list Roku, Disney, HBO, Warner, Hulu, and other companies. The idea is that people with pursue the wrong path when running these down. What you should do is file a fraud report with your bank about the charge. That will likely cause a new card to be issued, but it will stop the fraudulent charges.

Also, work with @Natan-Roku and others from Roku about this.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Unauthorized charge through roku 16.25 on the 4 and the 5th of july

Hey @williebrantley5, we want to work with you and look into the charges on your account. We'll send you a PM on here, The Roku Community, shortly to talk about the charges on your account. Please keep an eye out for us there! Thank you.

0 Kudos