Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBrennan

Unauthorized charge from 'The Roku Channel' for $15.81

I have a strange, unauthorized charge from my bank account of $15.81 over the last five months. It shows that it is from The Roku Channel. However, When I log in to Roku, they say I have "no active subscriptions". I am utterly confused and quite shocked between the terrible Roku Service. I would like someone to contact me about these peculiar charges. 

5 REPLIES 5
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Unauthorized charge from 'The Roku Channel' for $15.81

Have you subscribed to HBO Max but not through Roku?

davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: Unauthorized Charge. For the past 5 months while seeking a reimbursement the whole time.

This is likely a scam and not a charge from Roku. It usually happens when someone googles "Roku" and gets sent to a company who offers to set up the Roku owner for a fee. Roku never charges setup fees, etc. Just because it has the word "Roku" on the charge doesn't mean it is actually coming from the Roku company.

You should contact your back immediately and have them stop payments. They can trace back the charge to see who is really behind it. Let us know how you make out.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unauthorized Charge. For the past 5 months while seeking a reimbursement the whole time.

Hi @KBrennan,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand that you have a charge that you don't recognize, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly at https://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option from the drop-down menu for "Questions about my account or billing," and you'll be able to send an email request there.

For more information about how to check charges that you don't recognize, visit our Support page here: What to do if there is a charge you do not recognize | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
PC969

This is for HBOMax. 14.99 plus taxes and fees comes to 15.81. I questioned it as well. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PC969,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For further assistance with 'Account, Payments & Subscription' related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here. They will be able to further assist you.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos