Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delag5

Unauthorized charge but can't find in subscription tab to cancel

Why do I keep getting charged for Roku Disney Electro yet there is nothing in my subscriptions to cancel ? I want all my money back this continues to go on for months whil I search but find nothing 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Unauthorized charge but can't find in subscription tab to cancel

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Delag5 

When a financial institution get credit card data submitted to them, there is a description that is essentially free text. It can say anything.

It's supposed to say who made the charge, and contact information about it. However, it can contain any information.

If a thief (no other way to describe them) obtains credit card information, they can submit the information and fill out the text any way they want. They can put NASA, they can put Queen of England, they can put UNICEF, they can put Roku, they can put anything. In this case, they put Roku. They're thieves, so a lie on top of theft is kinda par for the course.

Someone compromised a system that had that credit card information, and some thief (maybe a different person) ended up with it. They submitted information and put Roku in the description.

Roku didn't do this. Some thief did and then lied about it.

From the Roku end, go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and fill out what you can there.

On your end, report it as fraud to your financial institution. 

Also: tagging @RokuJHaze who is a forum contact for billing.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey, @Delag5, let's take this to a private message so we can help figure out where these charges could be coming from.

At this point, @TrooperDada326 and @DBDukes have given an excellent insight into the situation, and we would like to help you through the next steps of locating this charge.

Thank you,

Joseph-Roku

0 Kudos