Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
standage
Level 7

Unable to create Roku account

Just purchased a Roku Express and trying to set it up. I'm based in the UK and this is the Uk version of the device (has UK TV on-demand channels on the packaging, which was sealed).

My problem comes when I try and create my Roku account on my PC.

The code is accepted, but after entering all the details, accepting T&Cs, I get the error :

Oops! Something went wrong, please try again

I have tried different passwords, different browsers, different PCs, have rebooted the Roku and gone through the steps again, still doesn't work.

If I had hair I wouldn't have much of any now - hoping someone out there can help. The online Roku help is pretty useless for where I'm at.

Thanks,
Kevin.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Unable to create Roku account

We are currently experiencing interruptions that may impact activating and linking your Roku® streaming player or Roku TV™ or adding channels to your Roku device. Please try again later. Thanks for your patience. For updates, please check http://support.roku.com
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
standage
Level 7

Where are these updates posted ? The link you sent was just to a generic support page with no indication of service being down.

Thanks for the quick reply,
Kevin
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

It may not have been updated yet.  You can also follow @RokuSupport on Twitter.

I'm receiving word that the situation appears resolved on our end right now.  If it's still not working for you, give it a half-hour to an hour and try it again.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
standage
Level 7

Thanks again for replying so quickly. I will in an hours time

Kevin
0 Kudos