Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smcclure
Level 7

Two TVs / devices on same account

Jump to solution

I got a Roku for my Samsung TV, all ok. A while later my mother got a Roku TV (same house). I think they're both on the my account, since I only show one (and she wouldn't be able to manage one.) Part of why I think this is that if I add a channel (a free on) it appears on both TVs. However, if I do a trial or rent something, it doesn't work on her Roku TV. For example, last night I rented a movie and I have 48 hrs to view it. I watched it last night and now I was going to have her watch it, but it shows that she has to rent it again. What about this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Two TVs / devices on same account

Jump to solution

@smcclure 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you are trying to watch the movie on your mother's device, what channel are you using to watch the movie?

You will need to be signed into your/the same account for that specific streaming channel that you are trying to watch the content through on both devices. Only then would you both be able to access the same content with that particular channel. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Two TVs / devices on same account

Jump to solution

@smcclure 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you are trying to watch the movie on your mother's device, what channel are you using to watch the movie?

You will need to be signed into your/the same account for that specific streaming channel that you are trying to watch the content through on both devices. Only then would you both be able to access the same content with that particular channel. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos