Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Trying to add a new Roku to existing account

I have an existing Roku account that's a few years old. In the last 2 months I added 2 Roku Express to my account with out any issue. Today I tried to add another Express to my account and now it's asking for a credit card, which it has never done for my previous Roku's. Even if I try to add it from inside my account page it ends up asking for a CC. I can't seem to find any way around this. I saw there's a nocc link for signing up new accounts without a CC but doesn't seem to work for existing.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Trying to add a new Roku to existing account

I did a factory reset on my Ultra a week ago, and didn't encounter that when I added it back into my account. However, I didn't actually go into my account previously and remove it, so perhaps it skipped that step. But it still did everything else that a new player would have done, so I really don't know. I just checked my account, and I do have a CC registered with them. However, that card expired 5 years ago and I've never been asked to update it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Trying to add a new Roku to existing account

If you go in to the older express settings> scroll down to Payment Method, is there one listed?

Edmund
0 Kudos