Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Third party channels hacking bank and credit cards

BEWARE of third party channel fraud? Last month I subscribed to the Frabble TV channel found in the Premium Services channel section. When the channel is opened, it sends you to their website to sign up for $11.99 a month (https://www.frabbletv.com). I signed up and a few hours later my bank card was hacked. Luckily my bank stopped the charges and they had to issue me a new card. Earlier this week, against my better judgement, I joined the new Polaroid TV channel, also found in the Premium Services channel section (https://polaroidhd.com). The next morning I got a call from Chase bank that suspicious charges were put on my card overnight. They were blocked and now the bank has to send me a new card. After the first time, I thought it was quite a coincidence, but could not be sure. But after the second time, I know it is these channels doing it. Such a shame that you can't trust these third party channels. From now on, I definitely will only be ordering channels and services on my Roku stick that are reputable, like Showtime or Starz. BEWARE OF FRABBLE AND POLAROID!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 12

Re: Third party channels hacking bank and credit cards

Both of those are from the same developer: "Polaroid HD", and on both channels the "Privacy Policy" link in the channel store goes to their sign-up page.  Frankly I have low expectations as soon as I see someone using a defunct company name like "Polaroid" on their product/service.  On the other hand, I have to wonder why someone stealing card numbers like this wouldn't sit on them for some random time in order to make it less obvious who was stealing them.  Seems like this would be too easy for banks to figure out.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Third party channels hacking bank and credit cards

Good point Strega, I guess this thief is not that smart. He or she didn't even wait long enough to get some more subscription money out of me. They just went right to spending on my cards. And both banks were quick to **bleep** it.

0 Kudos