Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sideways
Level 7

Thanks for all the Junk Email

Once I signed up with a new Roku account, my junk email increased almost overnight from about 4 a day to 75 a day.  Thanks for selling my info!  

3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Thanks for all the Junk Email

Um... I have to ask.  Are you sure you signed up through Roku?  There's a lot of scams out there and I don't get any junk email delivered to any of my 3 or 4 Roku-specific email addresses.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sideways
Level 7

I cannot prove it was Roku but I don't believe in coincidences.  The day I signed up, added my credit card, and purchased  Starz, Disney, and Qello, was the last day of low junk mail volume.  The very next day, I received over 175 junk mail offers.  It might not be Roku, but one of the apps I purchased.  Other than signing up with Roku and making the purchases, I have no other changes.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I have no subscriptions directly through Roku. While a get a handful of junk mail I can't attribute it to Roku. I think you are more likely correct that it's one of the other services you started using. I recently signed up for CBS All Access, and didn't see any uptick in my junk mail. I would look suspiciously at either Starz or Qello (maybe both). 

I might get an email a week at most from Roku themselves, and about the same from CBS. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos