Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdwilson
Level 7

Switching an American Account to Canada

Jump to solution

I bought and activated a ROKU express in the US. I have brought it home to Canada and would like to access Canadian Channels. Is there any way I can switch my account online to show it originates in Canada? As soon as I login with my password it automatically sends me to the US website.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Switching an American Account to Canada

Jump to solution

@sdwilson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. 

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account.

For more information about how to create a new account and performing a factory reset, visit our Support pages here: 
How do I create a Roku® account? 
How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Switching an American Account to Canada

Jump to solution

@sdwilson 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. 

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account.

For more information about how to create a new account and performing a factory reset, visit our Support pages here: 
How do I create a Roku® account? 
How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos