Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jgwerth

Switching Disney Plus accounts on my Roku TV

My son put his Disney Plus on our Roku TV when he was here visiting with his family.  I now have my own account and want to watch on that but I can't find where to switch accounts.  How do I do that?

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Switching Disney + accounts on my Roku tv

Hello @Jgwerth

Thanks for the post. 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Disney+'s Support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Moreover, you can try removing the channel then re-install it back in. For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Jgwerth-

If it still logs you into your son's account after re-installing, try logging out from within the app then logging back in to your desired account.

I no longer have Disney to check this but I think this would be found under your account settings which, if I remember right, is accessed via an icon in the upper right corner if the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Cate666

I'm having the same issue. I did remove the channel from my Roku screen. Months later, when I re-added it, it took me straight into the previous account (my brother's). There's no option to log out of my brother's account. All I can do is edit profiles...in my brother's account.

Is there a solution to this? Seems kinda stupid for Disney to force me to piggy-back on other people's accounts. At this rate, since I can't access my own account, I'll just cancel my subscription and continue using my bother's. (I'll just put my money away, shall I?...Thanks, Disney!)

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cate666

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried navigating to the Settings menu within the Disney+ channel then selecting Log Out and then re-authenticating the channel with your account credentials?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JGHeiress

You have to click on the Disney app (go to any profile). Once you are in, move left so the tab with the profile icon is showing. You will see the profile icon first and as you scroll down the list you'll see 'search', 'home', 'watchlist', 'movies',  Etc.  Go all the way down to 'settings'. Click on it. Then go down and choose the last option which is 'sign out'.  ^_^  ❤️