Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch tv to different account

I bought a TCL Roku tv 5 years ago. I don’t remember my account log in…I don’t remember if I even did back then. Since then I bought the same Roku tv. I have an account for the second tv. How do I switch the first tv onto my account? I don’t remember my log ins to the old tv. Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Switch tv to different account

Hey Davidpike87, we see you are wanting to sign out of an old account you no longer use so that you can log in with a new one. In order to log in with a new account, you will need to factory reset the device you are wanting to switch the logins on. Here are some steps on how to factory reset your device: 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

We have included an article from our support page that goes into more detail on factory resetting a device here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008 

We hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out! 

#HappySteaming

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Switch tv to different account

By the way, if you're curious about the old account: settings -> system -> about will show the account (email address) to which any Roku is attached.