Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sundance Now charge

Jump to solution

I’ve been charged and have an invoice for Sundance Now membership. The membership does not show in my subscriptions and I haven’t heard of it. How do I get a refund and cancel what has not been subsrcibed to? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sundance Now charge

Jump to solution

@Rebecca88 

Thanks for the post.

Did you recently sign up for a free trial subscription for a channel? We would recommend logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions to see if you have any current subscriptions on your account. We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

If you still need assistance with your issue, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku sundance now

Jump to solution

hi this morning i woke up to pay my phone bill and my money was gone i logged into my bank account and saw a purchase off $66 dollars was charged for something called roku Sundance now it told me to contact roku but the phone number is not working i didn't make this purchase what else can i do to contact someone from roku 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Sundance Now charge

Jump to solution

Signed up for the 7 day free trial for sundanceNow but got charged $ 59.99 2 days later. The free trial is not even over and roku has charged me for 1 year subscription. I only wanted the 7 day free trial. It said it would charge me after the 7 days if i didnt cancel my subscription. Why did roku charge me 2 days into my 7 day free trial. I want my money back!! I have canceled my subscription and hope i get my money back. I have emailed customer support so just waiting to hear from them. If i dont i will be reporting this to my bank!! Roku is scamming people saying 7 days free trial  and charging them before the free tial ends

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Rebecca88 

Thanks for the post.

Did you recently sign up for a free trial subscription for a channel? We would recommend logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions to see if you have any current subscriptions on your account. We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

If you still need assistance with your issue, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Magee86 @Rhond 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, I still need advice. I did not sign up to a free trial or anything to do with Sundance Now. I have checked my memberships and subscriptions and nothing says Sundance Now. 
I have also checked the apps and channels on my Roku device, and there is no Sundance Now on there.

I would like to be advised on how to get an immediate refund and to ensure this charge does not occur again.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Rebecca88 

Thanks for the update.

Please be aware that Sundance Now may be the name of the channel provider for multiple channels. If you have a subscription, we would recommend reaching out to them to check who they bill through.

If you need further assistance with account or billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks again for your advice.

I have no subscriptions at all. There seems to be nothing I can do from my end. Is there a number I can call to try and resolve this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This just happened to me as well! They clearly say they will not charge your card until after 7 days! I’m infuriated!! I have emailed Roku, Sundance Now, and notified my bank. Have you heard anything back?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve had no reply since my last post. I don’t get it, I haven’t signed up for anything, I just have a payment gone from my bank!

0 Kudos