Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Subscriptions

I have Disney+ and Hulu through Roku. Roku subscriptions shows I don’t have any. Why is Roku not showing the subscriptions?? I tried to cancel Disney but it won’t let me. Keeps telling me to contact Roku. I did and Roku told me they couldn’t find the account or the charges????? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Subscriptions

Does the email address that shows up under Settings->About match the email address you're using at https://my.roku.com ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes sir, Roku, Disney+, and Hulu all have the one email. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

That should have been Settings->System->About, but if the same email address shows up there as the one you're using to check your account then something's not right.  You've probably noticed that Roku customer service leaves a lot to be desired.  If nothing shows up under your subscriptions then they're just going to tell you it's not their problem.

I guess the next question is, are you sure you didn't subscribe to Disney+/Hulu by some other means?  I just tried Disney+ and it wants me to log in or sign up (depending on which device I try it on).   I'm not offered a Roku subscription, so it makes me think it's not possible, although I don't know why Disney would tell you to contact Roku.  I didn't try Hulu.

I hate to ask, but did you get offered some package when you first activated your Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

There was never any offer for either apps. So what I did for both Disney and Hulu was download the channel on Roku and signed up that way. Both of them say on the payment settings billed through Roku. When I contact Roku support they tell me to contact Disney, not their problem since the subscriptions don’t show on their side. I showed them my bank statement where is says Roku billed Disney+ they told me to contact financial institution. My husband is a loan officer for our bank. So I know for a fact it isn’t the banks problem. Roku has never helped me with the issue. I don’t know what to do to resolve the issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

I feel your pain!  I just saw this for someone having a similar problem with Hulu:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Accounts-Billing-Orders/Roku-for-Hulu-charges/m-p/609461/

If that's the way things work it makes it really hard to figure out who a subscription is through.  I wonder if the same thing applies to Disney+?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So what I did for the time being, maybe this can help someone else, I took all payment info away from Roku. Cancelled my Hulu, I told them the situation and they understood so they terminated me on their side and told me to remove payment and email from Roku so Roku couldn’t find me. Tried to do the same with Disney. Disney was extremely rude and kept saying they couldn’t do anything for me. Roku keeps saying the same thing. Ultimately I will trash all Roku devices and use something else. 

0 Kudos