Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neighbor666
Level 7

Stolen TCL TV with Roku account logged in

Jump to solution

My Roku account doesn’t have a credit card associated with it. The TV was stolen. What happens if I never unlink device? Can somebody still factory reset and link it to a Roku account?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stolen TCL TV with Roku account logged in

Jump to solution

@Neighbor666-

Yes they can.  And if they don"t factory reset it, as long as it is linked to your Roku account they can just connect it to a new home network and it will be linked to your account.

To unlink it, log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com.  Scroll down to the "My linked devices" section and unlink the stolen set.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stolen TCL TV with Roku account logged in

Jump to solution

@Neighbor666-

Yes they can.  And if they don"t factory reset it, as long as it is linked to your Roku account they can just connect it to a new home network and it will be linked to your account.

To unlink it, log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com.  Scroll down to the "My linked devices" section and unlink the stolen set.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos