Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Stolen Roku TV

Jump to solution

so my ex boyfriend stole my roku tv and gave it to his new girlfriend. its linked to my account and everything. how do i locate the tv or can i control the tv from my account like turning it off to where they cant use it. i dont want to disconnect the device because its the only proof that i have that its mine. so what can i do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Stolen Roku Device

Jump to solution

@Sunflower2013 

Thanks for the post.

We will not be able to locate your Roku TV. You will not be able to control the TV from your account as Roku accounts do not have that functionality. The only thing you will be able to do at this time is to unlink the Roku TV from your account which will then require the person in possession to setup the Roku TV new again. However, as you mentioned, this will remove any proof that the TV is yours.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Stolen Roku Device

Jump to solution

@Sunflower2013 

Thanks for the post.

We will not be able to locate your Roku TV. You will not be able to control the TV from your account as Roku accounts do not have that functionality. The only thing you will be able to do at this time is to unlink the Roku TV from your account which will then require the person in possession to setup the Roku TV new again. However, as you mentioned, this will remove any proof that the TV is yours.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos