Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kari55434
Level 7

Signed up for Peacock screensaver

Jump to solution

I thought I was signing up for the Peacock streaming channel but instead ended up with weather info and wallpaper pictures. I paid $9.99 for this. I cancelled when I realized it wasn't the Peacock streaming service but I'm pretty sure I lost out on the ten bucks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Peacock misleading

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and the feedback.

Please be aware that Peacock is currently not available on the Roku platform. For more information visit www.peacocktv.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com.

We have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock Misleading

Jump to solution

The text shown when subscribing to most channels warns that payments are nonrefundable and that the subscription will auto-renew unless canceled before the renewal date.  So you've probably lost your first month's payment.  Enjoy the rest of your prepaid month.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Level 9

Re: Peacock Misleading

Jump to solution

Roku should remove that "channel" immediately, as it is deceiving.

punkin60
Level 8

Re: Signed up for weather

Jump to solution

how do you cancel we just did the same thing?  I cant find anywhere to cancel.

punkin60
Level 8

Peacock misleading

Jump to solution

Searched for streaming Peacock that was to launch today.  Picture of peacock came up with the word free on it.  Logged it into account and was charged $10.99 for a screen saver of a peacock with weather on it.  I would like a refund, but cannot find anywhere to get my money back.  I did not want a weather screen saver, I wanted the streaming channel Peacock.

What a deceiving rip off.

Can anyone help me?

makaiguy

Jump to solution

With over 1400 reviews, this has been around since long before anybody at NBC decided to name their app Peacock.

peacock.jpg

"Amazing Peacock photo collection for your TV.  Weather and Clock widgets available." It's hardly Roku's fault if you didn't read the description.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
punkin60
Level 8

Jump to solution

No, if you look up when it was originated, it was June of 2020.  Someone who was insightful deliberately did this knowing that they would be able to take advantage of people

andyross
Level 16

Jump to solution

Did you carefully look at the description? It says this:

"Amazing Peacock photo collection for your TV. Weather and Clock widgets available.". The photo is a real peacock. The NBC streaming is named "Peacock TV" and the logo is the word "peacock" with a vertical line of 6 color dots.

peacock.jpg

gogran
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

The Peacock streaming channel is not yet available on Roku devices. It is stuck in the same negotiation limbo as HBO Max. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos