Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowshan
Reel Rookie

Showtime subscription not on second device

I have a Roku TV in living room. Subscribed to Showtime via The Roku Channel on that television. In bedroom I have a Roku device (Ultra, I think). When I go to Showtime within Roku Channel on this TV it's prompting me to subscribe. Basically not recognizing existing subscription on same Roku Account

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Re: Showtime subscription not on second device

Hey @Meowshan, we see you're having an issue with your Showtime subscription. Let's dig into this!

Have you checked if your devices are under the same account email? You can double-check by going into Settings > System > About.

If the email address is the same for both devices, try removing the channel, restarting your device, and downloading the channel again.

Here's an article that might help:

https://support.roku.com/article/232010488

If you have other questions, please feel free to reach back out or send us a DM. We're always happy to help.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Natan-Roku  beat me to it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Meowshan
Reel Rookie

Thx for response. Yes, both are under same email. My only email. All other subscription channels (I have 7) are on both the Roku device and Roku TV. I can pause programs and pick up in next room so I'm super positive about this. 

A system restart was my 1st trouble shooting. My 2nd was deleting channel and adding it again. 

And, when checking "my subscriptions" it does in fact list Showtime. 

Hope you have other ideas! Look forward to hearing from you or others. 

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Thank you for the update, @Meowshan. The last resort would be to try resetting your password from https://www.showtime.com.

If the login attempts are still unsuccessful after that, we would recommend reaching out to the channel partner to see if they can aid with the subscription management and login.

You can contact them here:

https://help.showtime.com/hc/en-us

If there's anything else we can help you out with, please let us know!

0 Kudos
Meowshan
Reel Rookie

I bought and subscribed to SHOWTIME, as advertised recently WITHIN the Roku Channel app. I knew I couldn't get 99 cent deal as I subscribed to Showtime in the past. So the stand alone Showtime app, nor their customer service is able to help. Tried both. 

The Showtime "banner", "link" or whatever within the Roku Channel does not allow for logging in or logging out, changing password, nothing. Purchasing only on anything other than original purchase place of my living room Roku TV. ONLY for purchase via my Roku acct that already exists and is paid!

This is definitely a Roku issue. Not a Showtime channel issue. Even on my phone via my Roku app it prompts to purchase. No where in the T&C does it state its limited to one device/TV. 

I thought maybe if I tried to subscribe again it would recognize I have an existing acct/subscription but it did not so I stopped before last step. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Meowshan,

Thanks for following up.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you.

Please provide us with the following information in a private message: 
-screenshots of both your Roku devices About screen (the device that you subscribed to Showtime through The Roku Channel, and the device that you are experiencing this issue -screenshot of the issue you are experiencing 
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID) 
-steps to reproduce this issue on the device that you are seeing this occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
CelticsFan
Roku Guru

@Meowshan  If you want to subscribe to something never do it through your Roku account. Cancel your subscription for Showtime though Roku. Go to Showtime.com and sign up. Then log into the Showtime channel on your Roku with the credentials you created online. Do this with anything like Netflix, Hulu or Disney.

0 Kudos