Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Setting up

Jump to solution

When I bought my Roku and plugged it in it went straight to the Home page it didn’t ask to step up or anything and I would like to have my own Roku account on my own tv and not be connected to the other roku account what do I do ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Setting up

Jump to solution

Go to Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset

When linking it to your account, DO NOT fall for one of the scams out there that tries to get you to pay to link your device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Go to Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset

When linking it to your account, DO NOT fall for one of the scams out there that tries to get you to pay to link your device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Honestiw wrote:

When I bought my Roku and plugged it in it went straight to the Home page it didn’t ask to step up or anything and I would like to have my own Roku account on my own tv and not be connected to the other roku account what do I do ?

1. You probably should have started your own thread instead of piggy backing on one that was only peripherally related to your probblem.
  2. You need to set up a new account for the new device if you wish it to have a separate list of channels. Go to roku.com and set up a new account using a different email address. Then link the new device to the new account.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos