Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Security

As soon as I opened my Roku account, someone charged my account for a NFL package. When I notified support I was told that because I didn’t have the serial number of the device that charged my account they couldn’t help me. I have never had any company inform me that it was my fault because I couldn’t catch the perpetrators myself I couldn’t be helped. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Security

How did you contact "support"?  Many of the sites you find on some web searches are bogus scammers intent on getting your payment details.  If you go to anyplace other than an address on roku.com, it is bogus.

In fact, many people fall victim to bogus sites when attempting to register their Roku's.  Some scammers are savvy enough to actually get your Roku linked, so the users are not even aware they've been had.  Once the victims' payment info has been obtained, the scammers can hit them with bogus charges that claim to be from Roku.

See the Roku support page regarding these fraudulent practices for more information: https://support.roku.com/article/208757068

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos