Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Search Function for Roku Channel

Jump to solution

I am in the US. I have a new Roku account and am accessing it with several different devices all using the same WiFi source.  When accessing the Roku Channel on my PC, I see a magnifying glass/search box in the upper right-hand corner.  When accessing the Roku Channel on my smart TVs, I do not see a search capability (I see my name so I know I am accessing my account).  On my one non-smart TV I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and I can use the Search function on the Roku App to find movies, etc.  Once I get to the Roku Channel I do not see a search box but I can search using the audio search on the remote (although the search take me back out of the Roku Channel). 

Why on my smart TVs, (I am going directly to the Roku Channel without a stick), does the main page does not have a magnifying glass/search box?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Search Function for Roku Channel

Jump to solution

On my one non-smart TV, when I do as you asked, I do see a Search box and an About box.  I was too focused on the main screen and the upper right-hand corner (like my PC) to think about trying to scroll up.  That TV makes sense now.  Thx.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

The Roku Ch on a non-Roku device like the Samsung TV doesn't have a search function. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

When enter the Roku Channel, then hit the up cursor, do you see two boxes one Search and the other About?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.

When I access the Roku Channel on one of my smart TVs (I see my name in upper right) and use the up arrow on my TV remote, I see two boxes beneath the word "Tools": one box says Sign Out and the other box says Settings.  Above that, I see the words (not a box) for Sign Out, and Sign out of your Roku account.

If I open the Settings box I see options for Captions, Ad Tracking, Privacy Policy, Parental Controls, and App Info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

On my one non-smart TV, when I do as you asked, I do see a Search box and an About box.  I was too focused on the main screen and the upper right-hand corner (like my PC) to think about trying to scroll up.  That TV makes sense now.  Thx.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

The Roku Ch on a non-Roku device like the Samsung TV doesn't have a search function. 

Edmund

0 Kudos