Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echochu42

Why am I being charged for Roku screen savers?

Jump to solution

I was looking around at screensavers and downloaded one called Starfield (developer: Mirko Predosin) I was instantly charged for it without any warning. The description makes no mention of a price. It didn't even ask for my pin number. It was only 99 cents (hopefully a one time fee) so I'm not too concerned with a refund. I just thought I'd let others know.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Screensaver Automatically Charged

Jump to solution

Hi @echochu42

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you need help with the charge, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
Putik87

Screensaver purchase billing?

Jump to solution

I purchased a screensaver that will be charged on my card $.99 I think a month. And the problem is I want to remove that card on that account that the email no longer exists cause it has been compromised. So what will happen to that charge will it charge automatically? It will ask if I want to continue it? I had to reset my roku and create a new account just to update the email address. And so I can see the purchases if I have one or not. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Screensaver purchase billing?

Jump to solution

I dont think its by the month at all. If you paid 99 cents its yours.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Joesicari

Why am I being charged for Roku screen savers?

Jump to solution

I just downloaded three screen savers none of which showed an amount that I would be charged or that I might incur a charge  in the description. I have no interest in these screen savers for the amounts I was charged and have no issue with them being returned and me being refunded. I have all invoice information if needed. Thank you. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Charged for screen savers

Jump to solution

@Joesicari 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mariusg78

Weather Widget Lifetime App Charge

Jump to solution

Roku just charged me 10.85 for the Weather Widget Lifetime app.  I have never downloaded the app, I never purchased the app, I never gave permission for the app, I can't even find it in their store.  I have been going back and forth with their support folks and they are basically telling me there are no refunds whatsoever regardless of the situation.  In this case it seems to be a fraudulent charge, but they could care less.  Has anyone heard of this or has been charged for this?  Were you able to have them reverse the charge?

Roku makes it seem that they could care less if a fraudulent charge was put on a customer account.

I have seen their support community replies and they are ALWAYS like this:

**Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.**

This does not help and they are not helpful with their support team.

Boyolo
Channel Surfer

Paid for Weather Lifetime but not working

Jump to solution

I paid $9.99 for the lifetime weather widget. It works on 1 screensaver (one of the free star skies), but when I set my paid screensaver (Magic Night Sky Collection), it only tries to get me to pay another $9.99 for the weather widget. Do I have to pay $9.99 for every screensaver if I want the weather widget? If so, please cancel my membership. I'm selling my Roku tv and all my shares of Roku stock and going with Google if that's the case.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paid for Weather Lifetime but not working

Jump to solution

You're blaming Roku, but the blame lies with the makers of the screensavers and the widget(s).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Boyolo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not helpful

0 Kudos
Boyolo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Besides, it's on their platform, and they are the only place to get help, so, it is their responsibility.