Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Floydloyd
Level 7

Scam support number

I had an issue and googled Roku support. This number came up as a Google ad: ‭+1 (844) 447-8966‬. I called, they had me reset my password and asked me to pay for a new activation code. When I declined, they hung up. I believe they have now blocked my number, as my calls back to them are failing. I’ve changed my account password and had to reset my Roku. very frustrating and took 60 mins of my time.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
mikebdoss
Level 10

Re: Scam support number

"Floydloyd" wrote:
I had an issue and googled Roku support. This number came up as a Google ad: ‭+1 (844) 447-8966‬. I called, they had me reset my password and asked me to pay for a new activation code. When I declined, they hung up. I believe they have now blocked my number, as my calls back to them are failing. I’ve changed my account password and had to reset my Roku. very frustrating and took 60 mins of my time.

Yeah, those really suck, and unfortunately there's not much Roku can do about it. If there's a place to report the ad to Google, that's probably the best way to do it. 
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Scam support number

As an FYI: the Roku support line is not toll free, so any 800/844/866 or other toll free number will be a scam, bogus number. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.