Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josephi1
Channel Surfer

STARZ subscription via Roku is not what was advertised

I am a former subscriber to STARZ via Roku.  I saw an offer to resubscribe to STARZ via Roku for $4.95 per month for the first 3 months, and $8.95 per month thereafter, so I accepted on 3/6/22.  I then received a confirmation email from Roku stating:  "Your offer - 4.99 per month for first 3 month.  Price - After offer ends, 8.99 per month, starting on April 06, 2022."  

The information in the email was contradictory.  Again, I signed up on March 6, 2022 so I should not be charged $8.99 until June 6, 2022.  I immediately sent a message to Roku asking about that, but have not yet received a reply.  Has anyone else had this problem and was it resolved?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: STARZ subscription via Roku is not what was advertised

@Josephi1 

Tagging @Jeremiah-Roku 

If the billing does not go as you expect, you should then go to https://support.roku.com/contactus and enter a Billing issue. However, perhaps @Jeremiah-Roku , @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , or @RokuMary-F can help ensure it doesn't get to that point.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Josephi1
Channel Surfer

Re: STARZ subscription via Roku is not what was advertised

I called Roku support and spoke to an agent who tried to help me, but it seemed that she didn't have the information available on the system to resolve my problem.  I then did an online chat with another agent who told me that I didn't qualify for that offer because I had previously subscribed to STARZ.  I pointed out to her that I had subscribed about two years ago for a few months then had cancelled it, then reiterated that the offer was a renewal offer and that even the subscription confirmation email stated that my offer was $4.99 per month for three months before reverting to $8.99 per month thereafter, before then stating that I would be charged $8.99 beginning on April 6 instead of June 6.  I did cancel my subscription because I didn't feel very good about how Roku/STARZ was handling the marketing/subscription process.

0 Kudos