Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 16

Re: SCAM for 'Roku upgrade' - I changed my password and they can still access my Roku account??

@whiteknight wrote:

is it normal for this model to lose all internal memory when unplugged, even for 30 seconds?

What do you mean by losing memory? Are all your channels and network settings gone after a power cycle? That would certainly not be normal. I can unplug my Stick for weeks or even months but everything is still there when I power it back up. If you mean having an open channel, and the Roku being on the home screen after a reboot, yes that's normal, but all your user settings should still be there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jkittlesen
Level 7

Re: SCAM for 'Roku upgrade' - I changed my password and they can still access my Roku account??

The same thing happened to me today, the charge was to a company called Winner Tech LLC !

Scammers ...Roku verified to me it was fraud 1

Chase quickly credited my account !

How did they get access to the network I have no idea!